eng
About   |   Newsletter
Demand & Supply Chain Management Evolution

Supply Chain Topics

Topics > English > Supply Chain Visibility  

Supply Chain Visibility

The Point of View of Quintiq

What’s wrong with supply chain visibility?

The CIO is showing me the system he’s spent a couple of years implementing. It’s certainly impressive. There on the screen in front of us is a supply chain director’s dream come true: end-to-end visibility.

‘So what now?’ I ask. He’s obviously put an enormous amount of effort into combining various systems. What I really want to know is whether it’s all been worth it.

‘We’ve already given our partners apps so they can see what’s going on.’

‘And you’re happy with the results?’

‘Well, you know, it’s a bit slow.’

I can hear the disappointment in his voice. This isn’t the first time a visibility initiative has failed to live up to the hype. Once again I find myself wishing we’d had a chance to chat much earlier. Here’s what I would have said.

read more >>
(external link)

-------------------------------------
Would you like to add your standpoint for this topic?
Contact SCM Portal at info@scm-portal.net

--------------------------

Please find hereafter some documents of interest related to "Supply Chain Visibility". To refine this search, please select or change your language of interest.

Language Filter

1 - 5 of 57
Pages (12)  [  1  2  3  4  5    >  >> ]

DOCUMENTS

Cost reduction is key, but so is lead time reduction, improved production scheduling, supply chain visibility and more.

Taking a smart approach to logistics – from streamlining transport networks and global trade management, to optimizing everyday warehouse operations – can...

Today’s manufacturers are meeting complex market demands while maintaining desired levels of customer satisfaction, supplier performance and production throughput by applying Modern...

Order tracking, the new priority for online merchants
Although they can’t receive their orders instantaneously, consumers still expect immediate...

The evolution of business networks is transforming how organizations conduct business commerce. Ardent Partners research shows that more companies are using business networks more...

1 - 5 of 57
Pages (12)  [  1  2  3  4  5    >  >> ]

Circular Economy     Industry 4.0     Blockchain 

Internet of Things     Omni Channel 

Join us on

News & Trends

Last update 2 Oct 2018
Output and new order growth gains momentum in September
   Source: Markit US Manufacturing PMI   -  IHS Markit
United States 

Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals

Even industries driven by the strictest safety and environmental regulations are capable of reducing their costs. Our solutions improve each phase of the chemical logistics supply chain, to increase your supply chain performance, improve predictability and mitigate potential problems before they arise. B...

Digital Maturity Drives Superior Performance

The Number of Digital Champions Is Declining While the Number of Laggards Is Increasing, According to BCG The performance gap is widening between companies digitizing their operations and those struggling to do so. Th...

Education

Oct
Supply Chain Project Management: Vendor Selection & Management
     Georgia Tech Savannah Campus
Oct
Measuring and Managing Performance in Supply Chain and Logistics Operations
     Atlanta
Nov
Supply Chain Project Management: Effectively Managing Transformation Projects
     Georgia Tech Savannah Campus

Local & Regional Agenda

Resources

MADEL: Roadmap to Industry 4.0: Planning & Scheduling in the personal & home care industry

Established in 1977 Madel Spa, is a leading Italian manufacturing company specialized in products for home & personal care. Madel’s mission is the capability to create high-quality and environmentally sustai...

Digitalization in Logistics

New expert paper examines the advantages and practical application options of digitalization in logistics Digitalization stands for a rapid change of times in many fields of the economy. Far-reaching changes are ...

International Agenda